Open to Boys and Girls ages 7-14
Our Junior Golf Academy mixes kid-friendly instruction, games and play. We follow the U.S. Kids Golf instructional curriculum which consists of 3 booklets; each of the 3 levels progressively more challenging.
Get started for just $72 and receive:
- 6 Academy sessions
- U.S. Kids Golf Booklet
- Award Pins and Bag Tags (earned as you pass each area/level)
- Logoed Hat (1 per season given out at first session)
- Course and Range Fees
- Clubs to use while at the course
Academy sessions can be used toward any of the programs described below, when you run out of sessions just purchase another 6 for $72.
2017 Junior Academy Schedule
Tuesdays & Thursdays: One hour instructional sessions
May 16 - July 25 (we will not meet July 4 or July 6)
5:30-6:30 Level 1
6:30-7:30 Levels 2 & 3
- Each session begins with a group lesson followed by structured practice and competitive games
- Clubs and equipment are provided
- No prior experience is necessary
- All players begin at Level 1 and move at their own pace (more advanced players may test forward)
- Level 1 can generally be completed in 6-8 sessions
- Level 2 can generally be completed in 8-12 sessions
- Level 3 can generally be completed in a season
Wednesdays: Scramble Fun Night
June 7 - July 26 (we will not meet July 5)
July 26th will be a Parent/Child Scramble open to all Academy players with a Pizza Party to follow golf.
Fun weekly competitions in a 2-3 player team vs. team scramble format. Designed to develop kids' enjoyment of the game while putting their new skills to work in a real playing format on the golf course. Playing on a team with friends increases the fun factor in a big way.
- Open to players who have passed Level 1
- Equipment is provided, if needed
- Parents are encouraged to caddy and assist in facillitating play
- Counts the same as one regular Academy session
Tuesdays: June 6 - July 25 (we will not meet July 4)
2:30 - 4:30 pm
Guided, playing instruction and small group coaching with PGA Director of Golf Roy Hobson. Especially geared toward players preparing to compete in U.S. Kids Local Tour events and other competitive tournaments.
- Open to Level 3 players or above
- Each 2 hour long coaching session counts as 2 regular Academy sessions
Click for more information on competing in U.S. Kids Columbus Local Tour Events