Looking for some action?
Beginning May 16. Register in the golf shop by 5:15 for 5:30 pm shotgun start each week.
Each ACTION WEDNESDAY event is open to any golfer, who is at least 18 years old.
Entry fee: $12 per player (plus applicable green fees/cart fees)
Enter as Teams of 2 players, play will be 2-player scramble format. All pairings and starting holes will be chosen at random after the Close of Entries @ 5:15 pm each Weds. Teams will be paired into 3-team PODS as is possible with number of entries. 3-team PODS will shotgun off each assigned starting hole.
Black tees for all players (except men age 70 & over may play the Silver tees and women may play the Red tees)
The “Action” ($12 total per player):
1) GROUP SHOOTOUT ($3)
3 separate shootouts in your group (aka "pod") of 6 played during the 9 holes.
- Shootouts are played in segments of 2 holes beginning at whatever starting hole you are assigned, and concluding on the ninth hole of play regardless of the hole number. (Since there are three Par 3's on each side, these are only played for greenies & skins, they are skipped for shootouts.)
- After the first hole, the team with the highest score will be eliminated from that 2-hole shootout. Another team is eliminated after the second hole, and the final team left will win that shootout.
- If two or more teams tie for high score, one player for each team will putt from 1 foot off the front fringe and the farthest team away after one putt is eliminated.
- All teams will repeat this process on the next 2 holes (except par 3's) to determine a Winner of Shootout 2, and again on the last 2 holes to determine the Winner of Shootout 3.
- Each team that wins one of the Shootouts in their pod will win $8 and claim a spot in the Big Cash Playoff-played as a Sudden Death Playoff, Winner Take All!
2) SKINS ($4)
The skins pot will be divided evenly between the skins winners for the night. In the event that no skins are won, the skins pool will carry over to the next week. Skins are awarded as team prizes to be split regardless of who hit the shot.
3) GREENIES ($2)
Teams will be competing for team greenies (closet to the pin on par threes). Must be on the green. Greenies are awarded as team prizes to be split regardless of who hit the shot.
4) BIG CASH PLAYOFF ($3)
All winners from the Group Shootout will compete in a sudden death playoff for the whole pot! ($3 per player) Payout will be made at the conclusion of the playoff.
TWO PUTT MAXIMUM (After your first putt, you can pick it up)
Please have 3 signatures (one from each team) on the final scorecard turned in.