2020 Best Ball League Schedule
GOLF LEAGUES & COVID-19 UPDATE:
Due to the updated Governor's orders prohibiting organized sports until at least May 1, the start of all golf leagues is postponed until after May 1. At that time, we will make a revised plan when we have more information.
postponed April 23- League Meeting, Liberty Tavern, 5:30
postponed April 30- First night of league play competition 1st half league fees due
August 13- Final night of regular season competition, party & distribution of winnings
August 20- First night of tournament play
2020 Best Ball League Information
- League Dues for the regular season incl first night of tournament play will be as follows:
Per half regular season (First half paid by April 30; Second half paid by June 18)
Fees include applicable greens/cart fees per individual situation
Riders: $161 per half (8 weeks)
Walkers: $121 per half (8 weeks)
LHGC Members (riders): $65 per half (includes weekly cart fees for 8 weeks)
LHGC Members (walkers or annual cart members): $25 per half
LHGC Members who do not have annual cart may also purchase a Members Cart Card for weekly use
- GROSS SKINS are available weekly for $2. Sign in and pay at the desk each week.
- Best Ball format will be played with two player teams playing head to head matches. Best Ball is played as each player playing his own ball through the hole. The lowest net score (with handicap) of the two is the “team score” for the hole.
- WHITE tees. (70+ have option to play SILVER and Ladies have the option to play RED).
- You may roll the ball with the club head a maximum of 6" in your own fairway no closer to the hole. The ball should be played “down” as you find it everywhere else.
- Handicap will be figured at 70% of your 9 hole handicap and will automatically adjust weekly based on your score.
- Subs/Makeup- We use nightly Subs, not makeup matches. Subs must have already subbed in the league this season to play anytime after July 11. League members are not eligible to sub during tournament. Members are responsible for their sub's applicable nightly fees. NO SHOW teams will be given a score of double bogey for each hole. All players who show up or get a sub (besides their partner playing for them), will receive 1 extra point per match.
- There will be a weekly closest to the pin contest.
- Scoring: 20 Point Scoring consists of 2 points for each hole and 2 points for the total score.
- Conceding the Hole: “Gimme” Putts are okay “Takee” putts are not okay. Double Par will be the max score allowed on any one hole.
- Pre-playing is allowed on same side of competition, $7 for 9 holes.
PLEASE NOTE SCORING UPDATE TO SUB/NO SHOW POLICY:
NO SHOW teams will be given a score of double bogey for each hole. All players who show up or get a sub (besides their partner playing for both of them), will receive 1 extra point per match for showing up. This is shown in the column below entitled Total Player Points. Team Points represent the match results. Total Points combines the two and determines current standings. (We use nightly Subs, not makeup matches. Subs must have already subbed in the league this season to play anytime after July 9, 2020. League members are not eligible to sub during tournament. Members are responsible for their sub's applicable nightly fees.)
How the Game is Played
Two players (partners) play a match against two other players. In a best ball format, each player on a team plays their ball from where it ends up (no "best shot" or picking up and moving the ball to another location). It can be viewed as each player playing a typical round of golf, with their own score for each hole. The team score for each hole is the lowest score by any one player (subtracting any stroke adjustments for handicap.) As an example, a team of 2 players score 5 and 5 on a hole. Let's say one of the players gets a handicap adjustment on that hole of 1 stroke. The team score for this hole would be a 4 because the player's score was 5 less 1 stroke adjustment. The team score for each hole is compared with one team winning each hole or "halving" the hole if there is a tie. The team winning the most holes wins the match.
Handicaps are applied beginning on the most difficult holes on the golf course. That is determined on the scorecard where each hole is ranked with 1 being the most difficult and 18 being the easiest ranking. Let's say one player has a 3 handcap and another has a 1 handicap. The 3 handicapper would get a stroke on each of the three most difficult holes and the 1 handicapper would only get a stroke on the most difficult hole. These strokes are subtracted from the players actual score on any given hole to determine their net score for that hole. The lowest net score from one team is compared to the lowest net score from the other team.
2019 Regular Season Champions
Regular Season Champs (Early Div) Mark Coleman & Michael Coleman
Regular season Champs (late div) Josh Barlage and Tom Kaminski
2019 Approved Subs
|FRIENDLY REMINDER: Subs playing for a player who has prepaid a daily greens fee, are not|
|required to pay. Subs playing for a player with an annual golf pass are required to pay|
|a daily fee.|
|Low Gross (33)||Low Net (29)||High Points (0.00)||Fewest Putts (0)|
|GRABER, CHUCK||WESSON, DOUG|
|Most Bogeys (7)||Most Pars (8)||Most Birdies (3)||Most Eagles (1)|
|DAWSON, TIM||COLEMAN, MICHAEL||COLEMAN, MICHAEL||FIELDS, BRANDT|
|DAVIS, BOB||GRABER, CHUCK||FUERST, SHAWN|
|ROBSON, JOHN||GRABER, CHUCK|
|Low Gross (32)||Low Net (23)||High Points (0.00)||Fewest Putts (0)|
|LYONS, CODY||OLEJNICZAK, DENNIS|
|Most Bogeys (8)||Most Pars (8)||Most Birdies (4)||Most Eagles (1)|
|WALTERS, RUSS||FOWLER, TRAVIS||OLEJNICZAK, DENNIS||BARLAGE, JOSH|
|EDGAR, WES||BARLAGE, JOSH||FOWLER, TRAVIS||LYONS, CODY|
|LYONS, CODY||MCCALL, STEVE|
|HUTCHINS, JON||WILLIAMS, LANDON|
|HEABERLIN, DAVID||OLEJNICZAK, DENNIS|